That’s about 8,700 books and a few dozen blank journals.
Nearly 30% more than in 2013!
How did we do it? This past year we improved some key processes. And we welcomed new volunteers with energy and ideas to our small but mighty team.
But we also counted on the support of many friends who:
- Donated money for postage and rent (these expenses run nearly $1,000 a month)
- Mailed or dropped off books and blank journals
- Purchased special requests from our Amazon Wish List
- Saved their brown paper bags for us or picked up a few rolls of packing tape
- Attended our October event (more community events to come in 2015!)
- Asked for donations to CBWP instead of birthday gifts or donated in lieu of wedding favors
- Recommended us for a grant or award
- Keep the conversation going on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow our blog
- Keep learning about and educating on the need we help meet for women in state and Federal prisons nationwide
Stay in touch in 2015 as we provide more women with the self-empowerment, education and entertainment that reading provides. And finally, a few words from Patricia M. in Florida that make it clear why we’re looking forward to another year at Chicago Books to Women in Prison: