We invite you to join us in opening letters, matching up requests, packaging books, organizing book drives and much more that supports our work. We meet on Sundays 2–5pm at 4511 N. Hermitage Avenue (Hermitage and Sunnyside). We’re only two blocks from the Montrose Brown Line stop and there is plenty of free street parking.
You’ll meet with one of our experienced volunteers to learn about the group’s mission and the process we use to support incarcerated people. Once you’ve been trained, you are invited to volunteer any Sunday you’d like.
Can’t make it Sunday afternoons? No problem. There are plenty of ways you can help during a time that’s convenient to you. Even if you have only a few hours to spare, we’d love to have you. Projects include:
- Securing book donations from individuals and publishers
- Mailing packages of books at the post office
- Answering letters and inquiries
- Stocking new books on the shelves
- Organizing and participating in fundraisers
- Updating our resource lists
- Picking up book donations
- Storing extra books
- Getting the word out about the project
For more information on any of these activities, email us at email@example.com.